Accepts existing and startup magazine subscription businesses. Offers cheap rates, same day approvals, and with 6 processing banks they get almost every magazine subscription business approved, including those with high chargeback history or bad credit.
- Accepts Magazine Sales
- Cheap Rates
- Good Customer Service
Flagship has broad acceptance criteria, and can generally accept most inbound magazine subscription sales businesses. Their approval process is typically 3-4 days.
- Inbound Businesses Only
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Startups Accepted
A company that accepts both online and brick and mortar magazine subscription businesses through it's high-risk channel.
- Online & Retail Accepted
- BBB A Rated
- Startups Accepted
iPayment, though their high-risk channel National Bank Services, provides credit card processing for magazine subscription companies doing inbound sales.
- Reasonable Rates
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Startups Accepted
NetCom is a smaller ISO that focuses on personalized customer service. They primarily accept retail magazine sales businesses, but can accepted limited call center based magazine sales.
- Retail Focused
- BBB A+ Rated
- Friendly Service
Best Magazine Subscriptions Merchant Services Options
If you run or are starting a magazine subscription renewal or sales business, you need reliable check, debit and credit card processing at affordable rates. Because magazine subscription companies have historically higher chargeback rates, most large banks and their processors do not offer credit card processing for magazine sales and subscription businesses. This has caused many magazine sales companies to initially turn to options like PayPal, only to find that their funds are frozen and withheld, and ultimately they are either dropped or get so frustrated that they look for other options.
Why is Magazine Subscription Sales Considered High-Risk?
There are two main reasons magazine subscription renewal and sales businesses are considered high risk, (1) fraud, and (2) high chargeback potential. The first reason, (1) the Fraud risk, is simply that magazine subscription sales companies typically process transactions primarily over the phone. And because the cardholder is providing their information over the phone instead of in person, there is a higher risk of stolen cards being used by the customer, or merchant fraud in the form of an employee stealing a credit card, or the customer not being billed the amount they agreed. The second reason, (2) high chargeback potential, is a potential financial risk to the processor or sponsor bank. Magazine sales companies have traditionally had high-chargeback rates due in part to the fact that there are monthly ongoing subscriptions that, if the customer ever decides they no longer want to pay, will occasionally issue a chargeback instead of contacting the magazine sales company to cancel the contract. So combined, obtaining a merchant account, virtual terminal and gateway for a magazine subscription sales business sales shop can be particularly difficult.
Offshore and U.S. Merchant Account Options for Magazine Subscription Businesses
MerchantNegotiators.com recommends a number of processors and gateway providers with sponsor bank relationships that provide both domestic and offshore magazine subscription merchant accounts. We can provide credit card processing for magazine subscription sales companies under the following two options:
US Magazine Sales Merchant Account Requirements:
- US based company entity.
- US based company representative.
- US bank account
- Call Center can be based globally
Offshore Magazine Subscription Merchant Account Requirements:
- Minimum $15,000 USD per month in sales
- Company can be based anywhere
- No US or UK representative required
Pricing & Contract Terms
If you are looking for a magazine subscription merchant services provider, contact us via email or call us today to discuss establishing a merchant account for your business. We’ll discuss the following:
- Discount Rates ranging from 1.95% to 4.95%
- Authorization Rates ranging from: $0.15 to $0.75
- Monthly Fees: Rates ranging from $5.00 per month to $149.00 per month
Other Contract Terms:
- Rolling Reserve requirements ranging from: 0% rolling reserve, to 25% rolling reserve
- Holdback Periods: Ranging from 0 to 7 days
- Contract Length: Month to Month is available
- No Application Fee
- Direct funding with regular deposits (either daily or weekly depending on offshore v. onshore)
Through the processing partners we recommend, magazine subscription businesses can expect the following additional benefits:
- In house expert risk analysis
- Same day pre-qualified approvals
- Multiple currency acceptance and deposits
- Compatible with most major gateways and shopping carts
- Visa / MasterCard / American Express Acceptance
- MOTO (phone / mail), eCommerce, and swipe accepted.
- Compatibility with over 50 processing gateways and virtual terminals
- Integration assistance with over 100 shopping carts
- Chargeback prevention & avoidance
- Chargeback fighting
- 3DS processing optional
- ACH / eCheck processing
- Online Gateways with chargeback prevention / screening
Types of Magazine Subscription Businesses Accepted:
MerchantNegotiators, through its partners, can provide credit card processing for a wide array of magazine subscription businesses. That includes:
Additionally, our partners accept businesses with specific needs. Common requests include: high volume or high velocity accounts, large ticket accounts, accounts with low or no rolling reserves, no volume caps, or next day payouts. In addition, our partners can provide gateway and retail credit card processing for the following types of magazine subscription businesses:
- Startup magazine subscription businesses and existing businesses
- Previously rejected or dropped by another processor
- High chargeback or bad credit magazine subscription merchants
- Merchants who appear on the TMF or Match List
- Processing Minimums: $0 Minimum for Domestic Accounts, $15,000 for Offshore Accounts
- Processing Maximums: No Minimum for Domestic Accounts, $1,000,000 per month for Offshore Accounts without previous processing history
- Domestic (US entity, US business representative, US bank account) and Offshore
Contact Us To Ask Questions About Obtaining a Magazine Subscription Merchant Account
As a global leader in providing references for magazine subscription businesses to obtain merchant account services, MerchantNegotiators.com’s expert team can help you obtain a merchant account for your magazine subscription business in as little as 24 hours. Contact us today at 1-877-296-3690 to discuss your company’s credit card processing options