Accepts retail and online pawn shop businesses. Offers cheap rates, same day approvals, and with transparent fees you'll know what you're getting. Approve new pawnbrokers, bad credit, and high chargeback businesses.
- All Pawn Shops Types
- Cheap Rates
- Good Customer Service
NetCom is a smaller processor that focuses on personalized customer service. They only accept retail pawn shop businesses, but can offer integrated POS solutions.
- Retail Pawn Processor
- BBB A+ Rated
- Friendly Service
Flagship has some multiple sponsor banks, and can generally accept all Pawnshop businesses. Their approval process is typically 3-4 days.
- Accepts Pawn businesses
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Startups Accepted
A company that accepts both online and traditional pawnshop businesses through it's high-risk channel.
- Online & Retail Accepted
- BBB A Rated
- Startups Accepted
Best Pawn Shop Merchant Services Options
If you run or are starting a retail or online pawn shop business, you need reliable and affordable debit and credit card processing. Despite the fact that pawn shops are among the world’s oldest industries, they are still considered high-risk and thus off limits by most major US banks and their credit card processors. The fact that there are fewer banks and credit card processing options, has traditionally meant that the rates pawn shops paid for credit card processing were higher. Thankfully, in the last couple of years, a number of new processors and banks have begun accepting pawn store businesses, and as a result, rates have fallen and the level of service has increased. Some of the leading options are listed above.
Why are Retail and Online Pawn Shops Considered High-Risk?
There are three main reasons that pawn shops are considered high risk, (1) regulatory, (2) public risk, and (3) high chargeback potential. The first reason, (1) Regulatory, is because pawnbrokers is a highly regulated industry, with a number of requirements placed on the pawn shop owner that they must comply with. Banks and processors are largely unable to determine which pawn brokers are actively complying with these regulations, and that uncertainty scares many banks and processors. The second reason, (2) public risk, means simply that large US banks like Wells Fargo and Chase simply do not want their brand associated with any type of business that might be perceived as controversial, which includes retail and online pawn businesses. The final reason, (3) high chargeback potential, means that poorly run pawn shops can be a large potential financial risk to the processor or sponsor bank. That is because the business does a lot of large ticket transactions, and often works with clientele who might want to issue false chargebacks in an effort to get access to additional cash and ripoff the pawn shop. Online businesses in general have higher chargeback rates than retail stores, so the risk is even higher there. In some instances the bank and processor can be held liable for these chargebacks, which makes them fearful of providing credit card processing to pawnbrokers.
Offshore and U.S. Merchant Account Options for Retail and Online Pawn Shops
MerchantNegotiators.com recommends a number of processors and gateway providers with sponsor bank relationships that provide both domestic and offshore pawnshop merchant accounts. These recommended merchant account providers can provide credit card processing for pawn shops under the following two options:
US Pawn Shop Merchant Account Requirements:
- US based company entity.
- US based company representative.
- US business bank account
Offshore / European Pawn Shop Merchant Account Requirements:
- Minimum $15,000 USD per month in sales
- Company can be based anywhere
- No US or UK representative required
Pricing & Contract Terms
If you are looking for a pawn shop merchant services provider, contact us via email or call us today to discuss your options for establishing a merchant account for your retail or online pawnbroker business. We’ll discuss the following:
- Discount Rates ranging from 0.95% to 4.95%
- Authorization Rates ranging from: $0.10 to $0.75
- Monthly Fees: Rates ranging from $10.00 per month to $149.00 per month
Other Contract Terms:
- Rolling Reserve requirements ranging from: 0% rolling reserve, to 20% rolling reserve
- Holdback Periods: Ranging from Next Day Funding to 7 days
- Contract Length: Month to Month is available
- No Application Fee
- Direct funding with regular deposits (either daily or weekly depending on offshore v. onshore)
Additional Benefits Available for Pawn Shop Businesses:
Through the processing partners we recommend, pawn shops can expect the following additional benefits:
- In house expert underwriting
- Same day approvals
- Multiple currency acceptance and deposits
- Compatible with most major gateways and shopping carts
- Visa / MasterCard / American Express Acceptance
- MOTO (phone / mail), eCommerce, and swipe accepted.
- Point of Sale (POS) Integration.
- Compatibility with over 50 processing gateways and virtual terminals
- Integration assistance with over 100 shopping carts
- Chargeback prevention & avoidance
- Chargeback fighting
- 3DS processing
- eCheck processing
- Online Gateways with chargeback prevention / screening
Types of Pawn Broker Businesses Accepted:
MerchantNegotiators, through its partners, can provide credit card processing for a wide array of pawn businesses.Additionally, our partners accept businesses with specific needs. Common requests include: high volume or high velocity accounts, large ticket accounts, accounts with no rolling reserves, no volume caps, or next day payouts. In addition, our partners can provide gateway and retail credit card processing for the following types of pawn shops:
- Startup pawn shops and existing businesses
- Previously rejected or dropped by another processor
- High chargeback or bad credit pawn shop merchants
- Pawn Shops or pawn shop owners who appear on the TMF or Match List
- Processing Minimums: $0 Minimum for Domestic Accounts, $15,000 for Offshore Accounts
- Processing Maximums: No Minimum for Domestic Accounts, $1,000,000 per month for Offshore Accounts without previous processing history
- Domestic (US entity, US business representative, US bank account) and Offshore
Contact Us To Ask Questions About Obtaining a Merchant Account for a Pawn Shop
As a global leader in providing references for pawn shop businesses to obtain merchant account services, MerchantNegotiators.com’s expert team can help you obtain a merchant account for your pawn broker business in as little as 24 hours. Contact us today at 1-877-296-3690 to discuss your Pawn Shop’s credit card processing options